Monday, January 20, 2014
Healthy Body – Healthy Finances
Have you ever thought that a healthy lifestyle and healthy finances could be related? What possible effect could your financial situation have on your health? People are financially stressed, and financial stress can cause havoc in our lives. Often it leads to trouble sleeping, overeating, drinking too much or even an increase in smoking. It can also put a huge strain on our relationships.
Having a healthy body and healthy finances requires us to be organized with our finances and with our diet and fitness regime. The desire to have a healthy body requires self-discipline. It is important to schedule into your daily routine time for working out and eating healthily. When it comes to healthy finances self-discipline is also required for managing debt, paying bills and saving for your retirement. If you adopt a healthy life style it will pay off dividends in the long run.
Here are a few tips to kick start your healthy financial regime:
1. Know where your money goes on a monthly basis.
2. Always have an emergency fund, three to six months of your expenses is a good amount to have set aside in an account.
3. Make sure you have adequate insurance coverage. A major lawsuit, an unexpected illness or a death can be financially devastating for your family if you do not have proper insurance.
4. Be aware of and take advantage of tax-deferred investments like 401k or 403b plans, and IRA accounts.
5. Invest in yourself. Take the time to find out if your current investments are still right for your present circumstances. Have them reviewed frequently just as you would go for your wellness check to your Doctor.
6. Seeking advice from an expert is always a good way to help alleviate some of the stress, someone whom you can trust and get important advice from.
Let’s work together on our healthy body and healthy finances and relieve ourselves of any unnecessary stress.
Karla White specializes in giving financial advice to recently widowed persons, those facing terminal illness, as well as developing plans for a healthy financial future. As a widow, she fully understands the importance of having someone help those recently widowed walk through all the financial changes that they will face. Karla focuses on both immediate and long-term financial issues, helping people navigate through a most difficult journey. She knows that everything can change in an instant when coping with a terminal illness or death of a spouse. She understands that financial matters are the last thing on your mind. If you want to ensure that your loved ones and hard earned assets are protected, then plan now when you are still healthy and insurable. Karla can help you sort through your financial and retirement savings accounts and other assets to ensure that you have a healthy financial future for your loved ones. 239-288-0977 email@example.com