Friday, July 12, 2013

Why Don’t More Women Use a Financial Advisor?



Okay so I know what you are thinking! 
That this might sound a little biased coming from me!
However I do think that this is a very important subject that needs to be discussed.

Did you know that only 20% of female investors work with a Financial Adviser even though 70% of women would like to work with one?
The question is, if so many women want to work with a Financial Adviser why aren’t they?

Okay so maybe this is where my biased opinion comes in!
Could part of the problem be that only 1 out of 3 Financial Advisers are women! Just a thought!

I do however have to ask myself if the majority of women out there want to work with a Financial Adviser but aren’t.  
What is the reason behind this?
Could the answer be simply they have not yet met the right person that they can connect with?
Quite possibly! Okay biased again! 

Think about it, traditionally Financial Services are geared towards men, with investment advertising geared towards men, insurance advertising also geared towards men and protecting their families.
Do I think that if you are a women that you need to work with a female Financial Adviser?
Well of course not.

I do however think that women want to be noticed, and quite rightly so. Women these day’s have successful careers and are often the breadwinners in their families. Right now working women in America currently earn more than $1 trillion a year. There is currently over 9 million female business owners in America, generating more than $3.6 trillion in annual revenues.

So that said why are so few women working with a Financial Adviser?
I believe from working with some of my female clients there is a real lack of communication with what women really look for in a Financial Adviser. As women we view our money, businesses and our family’s needs differently than men, and that is not what we are getting from the Financial Industry. 
Why not?

I believe women deserve the best service either from me or someone else in the Financial Industry, someone committed to knowing what they are looking for.
So that brings up the question of what is it that women are looking for from a Financial Advisor?

In my opinion women are looking for:
~ Less Stress
~ Freedom
~ Simplicity
~ Clarity
~ Peace of Mind
~ An Adviser who Listen’s and understands
~ A Values based Financial Plan
~ To be able to take care of our Families

Would you agree that these are some of the things that you as a woman are looking for from a Financial Adviser?
 
The good news is that the Financial Industry is starting to realize that and is moving towards better communication with female clients.

If you have not met a Financial Adviser or even if you are currently working with one but are not 100% comfortable with the relationship, now might be a good time to look for someone more focused on your needs. The more women demand from the Financial Industry the more likely changes that need to be made will happen for the better to serve you as a woman.

I offer an Opportunity Meeting to anyone who wants to meet with me and find out if I might be a good fit as their Financial Adviser.  You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I will even give you a gift certificate to La Te Da Salon and Spa for your valuable Time. 

Contact me at 239-288-0977 to schedule your Opportunity Meeting!

239-288-0977



No comments:

Post a Comment